Facts to Tell Your Orange County DUI Lawyer
If you have been arrested, your Orange County DUI lawyer will ask you these critical questions in order to begin working on your defense:
About your rights
• Were you read your Miranda rights?
• Did you waive your rights, or remain silent?
• Did you ask for an attorney?
About the arrest
• Was a videotape, audiotape, or photo recorded during the stop?
• How many police officers were involved in your arrest?
• Do you have any of their names?
• Did the police search your car? If so, what was found?
• At what point did the officer inform you that you were under arrest?
• What did the officer say?
• Were you ever handcuffed?
About the breath test
• How many breath test samples did you give?
• Did the test operator use more than one machine?
• Was it difficult to provide the sample(s)?
• Were you required to hold your breath before blowing?
• Do you recall if you had any reaction to the test such as burping or regurgitating?
• Did the operator who gave the test interrupt your efforts to breathe at any point?
About your health
• Do you have diabetes?
• Do you have any physical disabilities such as inner ear problems or balance issues?
• Have you ever suffered a head trauma?
• Do you have acid reflux or a chronic breathing disorder such as asthma or COPD?
• Do you have any other physical health or medical conditions such as blood or liver disease?
• Do you have any mental health conditions or cognitive impairment?
• In the two days prior to your arrest, how much sleep did you get?
• Just before your arrest, did you take any medication(s)?
• Were you on a diet before your arrest?
Your attorney will also probe other details to make sure your case is well prepared. Let your attorney know about any prior criminal history and drunk driving arrests. For the most effective defense, you need an experienced Orange County DUI lawyer who knows the ins and outs of our county courts. the Law Office of Mike Coffey Attorney at Law& the Law Office of Mike Coffey Attorney at Lawargues cases here regularly and knows the personnel and court operations. These details can mean the difference between jail time and a more favorable outcome for your case. Call the Law Office of Mike Coffey Attorney at Law& the Law Office of Mike Coffey Attorney at Lawfor a free consultation at (800) 706-7888.